imapolania.com’s purpose is to help individuals with Polish, Portuguese, Sephardic and Lithuanian ancestors gain their Citizenship and Passport from these countries.
We are looking for a determined, meticulous and energetic Polish speaker to join our team. This role could be a single full time role or divided between two part time positions. imapolania.com is a growing business and we are looking for people who want to be part of that future.
This is a very interesting role that is central to our clients getting their Polish citizenship. The application process requires our clients to provide many of their parents or grandparents documents (such as birth and marriage certificates, Polish army documents from the archives, residents records etc.), some of which the clients may not have or don’t know where to look for them.
The Document Tracer engages with the various Polish institutions to retrieve these documents on behalf of our clients. Usually we search for these documents in Poland but sometimes in Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine and Germany as well.
This role is exclusively performed online, so is an ideal job for someone who works from home although you do not need to live in Poland.
Training in this role is primarily from documents, some videos and asking your colleagues. However the remote work environment and time zone differences means that you will often need to seek out the solution for yourself. This is not for everyone. It requires a great deal of self-reliance, determination and proactivity but is very rewarding and an amazing life skill.
- Compile the client’s family history from information and documents received
- Create a research plan to locate and obtain necessary documents
- Research and collect information inside different databases within the Polish Archives and Institutions
- Make order from the collected documents to provide the relevant information for the Polish citizenship application process
- Assess and compare information from various sources to identify the smallest inconsistency and then resolve it
- Complete forms on behalf of our clients
- Coordinate with your colleagues and update systems
Ideal candidates will have most, if not all, of the following:
- Native or near-native Polish language skills: Reading, writing and speaking
- Good level of English language skills: Reading, writing and speaking
- To prioritize multiple tasks and communicate agreed timelines and deliverables
- To apply logical and critical thinking to the rules regarding the application process
- To read and digest multiple sources of information, identify what is relevant and summarize clearly without losing any relevant data
- Determination to find what you are looking for, patience with a sometimes frustrating process and courtesy to clients and colleagues
- Responsible, methodical with high attention to detail
- A high degree of self discipline to work autonomously from home
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable using Google Workspace and ability to learn new systems
- A good computer with at least 15″ screen and reliable internet connection
- Some proficiency in Russian will be an advantage
- Some experience in researching archives or similar and/or an interest in the history of Poland will be an advantage